Winter Wine Tasting at Villa delle Ripalte
Autumn / Winter: Visit to the winery and tasting in a historic residence on the Island of Elba - from 60 Euro
We will start with a guided tour of the Aleatico vineyard in Poggio Turco, at the end of the harvest. After harvesting the grapes, it is time to dedicate a good fertilization to the soil, before the leaves fall and the arrival of winter.
We will focus on the incredible chromatic varieties that plants give us before the cold season: intense greens, browns, yellows, orange shades of the leaves of the vine and the Mediterranean scrub, which we will capture in a moment with a memorable photo, overlooking the vineyard and the sea.
We will enter the Cantina d'Autore of the Ripalte, an architectural design by Tobia Scarpa. Here you will be explained the stages following the harvest: de-stemming, crushing, fermentation, racking, clarification, refinement and beyond.
The spontaneity and authenticity of our guide will entertain you in a stimulating way, so that you will keep knowledge and good memories after your autumn holiday on Elba.
We will reach the central house on foot, crossing the ancient agricultural farm. A splendid Tuscan villa will be the warm and enveloping setting for a tasting of the Ripalte wines, available in various itineraries among the wines produced on our farm: the Brut Spumante Rosato from Aleatico grapes; the Rosato delle Ripalte, the Bianco Vermentino, the Rosso Alicante and the famous Aleatico Passito dell'Elba DOCG.
We will combine the wines with the typical products of the Island of Elba, in the salons of the villa with soft colors, typical of the Tuscan rustic style, furnished with original period furniture.
We will make a food and wine journey among the various local producers of the Island of Elba and Tuscany: pecorino cheeses and typical salami, and have a tasting with the freshly pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil. We will conclude with the sweet wine par excellence of the Island of Elba: the passito Aleatico DOCG.
Let yourself be enchanted by the charm of Villa delle Ripalte!
- Tasting in an ancient Tuscan residence with access to private lounges
- Visit to one of the 14 Cantine d'Autore of the Toscana Wine Architecture Circuit
- Wine tasting available in multiple locations
- Food and wine tours among the typical foods of the Island of Elba and Tuscany
- Tasting of 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the Island of Elba
- Children under the age of 18 are allowed on the tour, but will not be able to drink alcohol. Please let us know if you will be bringing children under the age of 18 with you so that we can organize their participation
- The experience lasts about 2h30m
- Along the route there are some architectural barriers (some steps, light climbs) and our staff is available to support participants with disabilities or reduced mobility.
- The tour will also take place in case of adverse weather
- Small dogs are allowed
- In case of cancellation, a penalty of 25% will be withheld within 24 hours of the start of the tour. After this deadline, no reimbursement is foreseen.
Tenuta delle Ripalte
57031 Capoliveri LI
→ Fill out the form:
→ Call us:
The food and wine experience in the Villa is also available in the form of a gift voucher , which entitles you to book the date of the activity in the future.
This wine tasting is an excellent gift idea for Christmas 2022, for friends and relatives who love good wine and Italian regional specialties.
For whom this experience is suitable:
- Choosing a holiday in October on the Island of Elba is an excellent opportunity to get to know the inland territory, with its architecture, nature and unique views. With this wine tourism proposal we will deepen the inland territory and the typical products of small local producers.
- Choose our activity for rainy days and bad weather on the Island of Elba, which includes visits to cellars and vineyards and tasting of local wines and foods, set in the warmth of a private Villa. Taste excellent Tuscan wines, watching from the windows the rain that falls in the pine forest and on the sea.
- For those looking for a warm and enveloping place during the winter on the Island of Elba, let yourself be pampered by the private lounges of the Villa delle Ripalte, in Capoliveri: a perfect setting for a wine tasting while it's cold and raining outside.
- For those who spend a weekend in November on the Island of Elba, do not miss this food and wine experience that will enrich you with knowledge of Tuscan wine and local specialties. A way to spend humid and rainy days, in a private estate closed to the public.
- An original and dynamic idea to spend a weekend on Elba with friends, between long lunches and dinners, game, sipping various wines in relaxation during autumn.
- For birthday parties and stag / hen parties, for an exclusive activity with access to a private estate in Tuscany for a tasting of local wines and foods.
- Our guide will communicate in simple language and for all the information on wine production and conscious wine tasting, without clichés. The guide will also be able to adapt to the knowledge levels of all wine tour participants.